Vocabulary for Chapter 7.
- The Fourteenth Amendment Defines Citizenship
- African Americans' Long Struggle for Civil Rights
- Rights and Responsibilities
- American Citizens: Native Born and Naturalized
- The Status of lawful Permanent Residents
- Americans' Shared Political Values
- Two Widely Held Ideologies: Liberalism and Conservatism
- Three Other Ideologies: Socialism. Libertarianism. and Environmentalism
- The Moderates in the Middle: Centrism
- Civil Society: The “Social Capital” of Democracy
- Putting Social Capital to Work in Texas
- Four Categories of Civic Engagement: Which One Fits You?